Assets for Life Ltd, as a property, business and wealth training company, is committed to promoting sustainability. Concern for the environment and promoting a broader sustainability agenda are integral to Assets for Life’s professional activities and the management of the organisation. We aim to follow and to promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities and to help our clients to do the same.
Our Sustainability Policy is based upon the following principles:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimise the impact on the sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
- To review, annually report, and continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
In order to put these principles into practice we will:
- Avoid physically travelling to meetings etc where alternatives are available and practical, such as using teleconferencing, video conferencing or webcams, and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips. These options are also often more time-efficient, while not sacrificing the benefits of regular contact with clients and partners.
- Reduce the need for our staff to travel by supporting alternative working arrangements, including home working etc.
- Minimise our use of paper and other office consumables, for example by double-siding all paper used, and identifying opportunities to reduce waste.
- As far as possible arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies and redundant equipment.
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy-efficient equipment and good housekeeping.
- Purchase electricity from a supplier committed to renewable energy. Seek to maximise the proportion from renewable energy sources, whilst also supporting investment in new renewable energy schemes.
- Ensure that timber furniture, and any other timber products, are recycled or from well-managed, sustainable sources and are Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified.
- Purchase fair-trade and/or organic beverages.
- Undertake voluntary work with the local community and/or environmental organisations and make donations to seek to offset carbon emissions from our activities.
- Ensure that any Subcontractors or Suppliers that we employ take account of sustainability issues.
- Where possible deploy “Virtualisation” technology in the IT Department to ensure that the Company’s energy consumption requirements are minimised by reducing the number of physical machines required to mount IT solutions onto.
- Strive to achieve a more paperless office. To this end, several document management systems have been developed that allow employees and customers to retrieve and transmit documents electronically.
Sustainable Events Management
In line with the commitment to promote sustainability and minimise the environmental impact of our activities, Assets for Life will adopt a sustainable training event management system to achieve better green events, especially where training events are in-person.
For further information on our sustainability policy please contact us…
Assets for Life Ltd
Waterhouse Business Centre
2 Cromar Way
Phone: +44 (0)1245 408680